Entrecarder Adventures EntreBank Ad Co-op Resources Contests Affiliates Communities Reviews 11 Blogs
2008-02-24

What Type of Dropper are You?  

Power - You have lists of links or folders of bookmarks that you frequent on a regular basis, the more the merrier.

Reciprocative - You primarily return drops on folks who have dropped on you.

Widget Surfer - You start dropping on one widget and follow that ad through to the next widget and so on until the chain ends.

Top 3 & Popular - You drop on the Top 3 in each category and any others who might be on the Popular page.

Favorites - You have a group of favorite blogs you visit and that represents most of where your drops go.

Random - You just drop wherever.

Other - You utilize some other dropping strategy. (Feel free to comment and fill us in.)

What's a Dropper? - Go to Entrecard.com and learn how you, too, can "Drop Yours."

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ What Type of Dropper are You?

  • Anonymous
    February 26, 2008 at 4:39 AM  

    I usually drop from people who are in my inbox and I also have a list of people who have their cards above the fold.

    I found you through entrecard. Nice to meet you.

  • Pam Hoffman
    February 27, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

    I mix things up and use several of your named strategies.

    I like to start in various places so that I actually READ the blogs at the beginning and sometimes I read fewer toward the end of my alotted time for this type of activity.

    I start in my favorites on one day. The next, I'll start with those folks who have approved my ad for their blog - in fact, I get to them most often. It's a somewhat shorter list anyway and I'm very grateful to them for running my 'ad' so I stop by as much as possible.

    I also start at the bottom one time, then at the top of my 'Favorites' list the next, if I didn't make it all the way thru the last time.

    I get to the inbox when I can. I can also get to them thru the 'feeder' thingy built into my browser. That is helpful since I can actually sort them by site if I want.

    I haven't done that in awhile.

    It varies so that I get a chance to actually read and comment on blogs early in the session, if I have something to say.

    Some blogs, I read no matter what.

    Not very scientific - it does get me around though.

    If I get thru all of that, I'll browse around to various categories under 'Campaign' so I can look for places to advertise.

    I also drop cards on them so that is 'random' some days.

    I don't always get to EC to drop at all. When I do, I go for 50-100 at least. My highest day is about 221. I'm not super-dropper like some folks... :)

    Had enough of that yet? hehe

    Pam Hoffman
    http://seminarlist.blogspot.com

  • Anonymous
    February 28, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

    I employ all the tactics you mentioned! I generally drop 300+ a day and I am so addicted to entrecard. I enjoy finding blogs I never would have known about.

  • Aerten
    March 1, 2008 at 6:46 AM  

    Yep, you could use an "All of the Above" category!

    I've only been doing this about a week, but I've worked out a system where I'll drop on everyone in my Inbox and all my Favorites. Then I have a list of links where I go dropping. I actually read the blogs in Favorites (that's why they're Favorites, after all) and the link list. I drop the 300 maximum cards a day.

    Thank goodness I read fast and not everyone posts every day! I've got a couple dozen in my RSS reader so I can catch them if I happen to have a few spare minutes at work.

    My name is Kelly, and I'm an EntreCard addict!

  • Anonymous
    March 17, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

    I'm a widget surfer. I actually like reading the blogs i visit and commenting on each, so i never really pass 50 drops a day unless i do it all day.